Skip to main content

Willow's Tales

I'm only a novice father, but I'm an expert storyteller. Heck, I made a living of it there for a while.
So Willow gets some pretty elaborate fairy tales (and they're simple at the same time).
The simple part lies with the story structure: Cast Willow as the heroine, have a bad guy do something bad then have Willow save the day.
The elaborate part comes with the characters. Now, these characters haven't evolved quite yet, but there are a bevy of them, and I'm sure they'll grown along with Willow.
And now, I take you into the world of Willow's fairy tales.

Place
  • Rosedom, the Kingdom of Roses - the kingdom of King Daddy and Queen Mommy
Heroes
  • Willow, the Knight of Roses and Princess of Rosedom
  • Grinchdog, Willow's trusty and most loyal squire (Grinchdog, aka Max, is a trouble magnet)
  • Queen Mommy
  • King Daddy, the Storyteller King
Villains
  • Wocket in my Pocket, Rosedom's mad scientist and evil sorcerer
  • WristMonkey, a troublesome nuisance always nearby, he snatches things
Good guys
  • Calli the Caterpillar, can mesmerize bad guys with her puzzling colors
  • Sophie la Giraffe, can mesmerize bad guys with her squeak
  • Glowworm, can mesmerize bad guys with her glow
  • The Legion of Zoo Animals (Elphie, Monk, Lionel, Tiggy, Gyro, Zeb), they like to throw Willow parties
  • MonkeyRattle, WristMonkey's arch nemesis
Other stuff
  • The Magical Keys, they're magical
  • The Trap Ball, it traps things
  • Applesauce, poisonous to good guys but beyond delicious for bad guys
  • The Rings, can nab bad guys
  • The Music Table, a siren's call of sorts
I've told Willow several stories involving these characters, but I'm sure many more are on the way, and these characters will only grow and new cast members will enter the stage.
I hear Wocket in my Pocket answers to an unknown boss, but I swear I've seen a fuzzy green creature with yellow eyes lurking in Willow's room.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With baby comes packing (and a lot of it)

Willow, Che and I are traveling to see the grandparents, aunts, cousins and Mos (or is it Moes or is it Mo's or is it Moses?) in Henderson, Tenn., this weekend. And that brings up one of the big differences between being a couple without kids and being a couple with kids: packing for travel (they even have an app for that, God bless us packing-weary parents). Back in my pre-child days, packing hardly mattered, probably taking up 1 zillionth of a tenth of a percent of my brain capacity to do (six days equals six days of socks and underwear plus some T-shirts, some shorts, a pair or two of pants, put on some shoes, throw in some toothpaste, and I was off). That's hardly the case anymore. Take, for example, if you have a spit-up-prone baby. Do you take two burp clothes, four, eight or, maybe, 16? Better take 24. And how many diapers do you take? Or wipes? Do I need to take baby medicine? Is it going to be cold or warm or cold and warm or warm and hot then ... AACK!!! You get t...

Willow hones her friend-making skills

Up until now Willow has enjoyed the company of other tots her age only in the sense that where they are is where the fun and the toys are. That is to say she likes the toys and the gyms and the swings and if she has to be around these other toddlers, so be it. That's with kids her own age. She LOVES older kids, but they don't care much for her (other than "she's a baby," and Willow can't keep up with them, though she tries). Her older cousin, Rett, for example, hung the stars and moon in her opinion, so she'll just about do anything he does, including cozying up with him on the chair to watch a movie. And he does like her more than the typical older kid does. But as far as all the toddlers and babies roughly in Willow's age range, she doesn't have much use for them. She's not mean to them. She'll let them take a ball from her hand, for example (as some say, she plays well with others). But I can tell you, most definitely, she just doesn...

Willow's morning of play, play, play exhausts poor, old Dad

Willow's playtime universe continues to grow. Rapidly. Witness. In the midsummer heat, I take Willow out to our shaded backyard in the morning to play. And play she does. She climbed into her swing first. After I pushed her for a while, I got her out of the swing and put her in her wagon so she could help me convey bags of sand from the garage to the backyard to fill her sandbox (part of her new swing set) and her water table sandbox. She took rake and shovel and played in the sandbox for a bit. Then she waddled over to the deck and started to climb the steps to get to the water table. She played in the sand a bit, but most of her time was used dipping water up and out of the water part of the water table. Most the water ended up all over her. After that she wanted off the deck to go back to swinging. Instead I retrieved the new tricycle Cherish procured from a Franklin recycle center and cleaned it up. Willow loved the trike, holding on to the handle bars while I pushed her...